We are a proud supporter of Oliver’s House. Oliver’s House was established in 2001 to assist the disadvantaged people of the Zenzele Informal Settlement and neighbouring communities, by providing educational, early childhood development and other social services.
The mission of Oliver’s House is to:
- inspire the disadvantaged by providing and creating a caring and stimulating environment;
- empower the youth in establishing and following through on commitments;
- expand the perspective of young people to make them aware of life’s possibilities;
- surround young people in a caring and inclusive learning environment;
- add value to our community by being an effective and efficient non-profit organisation.
The entire village is designed to be an eco-friendly, self-sustaining community. Oliver’s Village is totally off the grid, relying on renewable energy such as solar power, harvested rainwater and biogas. To date a number of facilities have been completed.
- Education centre
- Early childhood development centre
- Computer training centre
- Photo-voltaic station and biogas digester
- Community vegetable garden
- Fruit orchard and vegetable farm
- Soup kitchen